Long gone are the days of hiring by impression. You used to set up an interview and chat with the prospects after you have read over their application and resume.
Many times, you would not even feel the need to call on references because you get a gut feeling that the person in front of you will be a good fit, and a great asset to your business.
People wanted to work, they wanted a steady employer, so hiring was taking the best applications and then using your own gut instincts.
That is no longer the case. That type of hiring process will not get you the top talent. New hires need to be chosen through a set process that includes using some of the newest technology available.
Let us go over the process that you should follow today. You can modify things if needed, but this outline should be the base steps that you follow.
1. Understand the job: you need to make sure that you know what job you are filling. Update the job description to ensure that modern technology and new tasks are reflected in it.
Before moving forward, you must know exactly what you are hiring for, and make sure that the prospect is aware of what is expected of them.
2. Assemble hiring team: It is always a promising idea to have a couple other people involved in the hiring process.
You can either make the process include a couple of different interview days with each person, or you can set up a panel interview where all the questions will be asked at one time. The interview panel can then discuss their thoughts immediately after the prospect leaves.
3. Advertise the job: You will need to get the word out that you are hiring, and for what you are hiring. Online job boards are a good place to start, as well as social media platforms, and maybe even word of mouth (having your current employees spread the word to people that they know.)
4. Technology: Use technology to help you advertise and sort the applicants into categories, such as the top contenders and the runners-up.
You can save a substantial amount of money if you use a react native application development services company. They will design any type of application that you could ever need, including recruitment and hiring.
5. Interview: Once you have a few lists it will be time to interview the prospects that you feel meet your needs. This is when you will want to have your hiring team set up and ready to go before the interviewee shows up.
You should have a sheet of paper telling you some questions that you will need to ask them all, as a comparison point, and then ask them all focused questions that relate to their specific backgrounds and job history.
6. Check Information: The interview process will shorten the list of prospects down by a substantial amount. Now you will need to take the chosen people’s applications and call on their work and social references.
Write down any information that you get and then get your hiring team together one more time to discuss who you will hire.
Society today is based on technology, and it must be able to connect with users on all platforms. That is where an outsourced company can help, unless you are already a programmer. It is hard to find superior quality people to join your company.
Using software to ease the tasks will get your process more focused and refined. Meaning that the programs will do the basic processes for you, just leaving the interview and hiring stages to you.
That is, of course, if you do not opt to do it all on an online platform.